Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Insider

I'll leave it to ol' blind Buchie to sum up the story of truth-telling told by The Insider:

Conscience do cost.

The Insider may not have the repeat-viewing capacity of Heat, but this Michael Mann film is easily a top 20, possibly even a top 10. That it lost out to the utterly vacuous American Beauty for the Best Picture Oscar is a crying shame. I mean, that's like Shakespeare in Love getting the nod over The Thin Red Line, which would of course have been complete nonsense if it ha [gets word in ear that that in fact did happen the previous year].

These are end times, people. End times.

1 comment:

  1. I share your outrage about The Thin Red Line, my favourite war movie by a long way.

    But I can't agree about American Beauty, which was genuinely lovely and funny and thought-provoking. I remember really enjoying The Insider but it didn't linger in the memory.

    ReplyDelete