Thursday, November 8, 2012

Out of the Mouths...

Theologians and their corresponding children's songs...

Karl Barth:

Jesus love me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

John Howard Yoder:

He's got the whole world in His hands.

Stanley Hauerwas:

I may never march in the infantry
Ride in the cavalry
Shoot the artillery
I may never fly o’er the enemy
But I'm in the Lord’s army


Richard Hays:

Father Abraham had many sons
Many sons had father Abraham
I am one of them, and so are you
So lets all praise the Lord

N.T. Wright:

Who's the king of the jungle?
Who's the king of the sea?
Who's the king of the universe,
and who's the king of me?
I tell you J.E.S.U.S.

Charles Hartshorne:

Every move I make I make in You

John Wesley:

I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment