Friday, April 26, 2013

If It's Absurd, Then That Just Means It's True

It has been over a year since I first made my proposal. In that time the topic has changed from second century apologetics to Old Testament non-violence to the merits of Starmix vis-a-vis Super Kiddie Mix, and finally, to the ecclesiology of Tertullian. Just under 10,000 words have been squeezed from me. I don't think I'll ever want to see them again.

There are some decent words strung together here and there, though any interpretative framework for understanding Tertullian is bound to have holes in it. That being so, I remain firm in my conviction that Tertullian is done a grave injustice when he is written out of the ecclesiological canon for being a separatist or written back into it for being a forerunner for Constantine. As much as I hate myself for it, I think there might be a third way of understanding him!

If you want to know why I think that, let me know and I will send you a nice pdf copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment