Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nekkid

This isn't terribly original of me, but I recorded a version of 'Naked As We Came' by Iron and Wine which is pretty much the same except with an electric guitar added to the mix. I haven't ventured to record anything of my own creation (mainly because I don't have anything of my own creation to record) so for now this is as good as it gets for me.

I have to say I do rather like the addition of the electric guitar. I just tend to make things up on the spot when it comes to recording an electric guitar track, and sometimes that doesn't go very well. But this time I think I managed to get my point across so I'm relatively pleased with the results. I even included a riff remarkably similar to 'No Surprises' midway through the song, without actually realising it until I listened back. So in other words, this recording is the definition of unoriginal: it's a cover where the only difference is the inclusion of a riff from another song. Oh man, that's low.

Anyway, feel free to let me know what you think. Just don't be too honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment