Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What Lies Ahead

The internet is down in my flat, hence the lack of blogging. For those who regularly check this page (i.e. my dad) I do apologise.

On a brighter note, I've cut my teeth into the first of N.T. Wright's five volume masterpiece - The New Testament and the People of God. I'm barely fifty pages into it, but already I feel like my head is going to explode...in a good way. The preface alone had me highlighting and note-taking like mad. Consider this gem on the discussion of God (or god):

The christological question, as to whether the statement 'Jesus is God' is true, and if so in what sense, is often asked as though 'God' were the known and 'Jesus' the unkown; this, I suggest, is manifestly mistaken. If anything, the matter stands the other way around.

Simply brilliant, and that was before I ever got near page 1. Needless to say, I'm excited for what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment