Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Own Book

In terms of presents, this Christmas brought the traditional mix of new clothes, books, and several dozen pairs of socks and underwear (you can never have enough, can you?).

However, one thing I was not expecting was my own book. That's right - I got a book authored by me! Has there ever been a more ego-enlarging present given in the history of Christmas? This even trumps giving gold to a new-born baby, so outlandish it is to hand someone a book they wrote themselves.

Of course what makes it worse is that I started reading it straight away and highlighting the good parts...

No, that's not strictly true. But I did scan through it, in what was a very surreal experience. Basically, my sister pieced bits of this blog together on a website whose name escapes me, and formed it into a short book of about 80 pages. You input what you want to the website, and they create your book, complete with bar-code no less [!]. In fact I'm pretty sure you can buy my book should you be foolish enough to think that's a good idea.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures for your amusement/disdain:


Front Cover



Sandwiched between Walter Brueggemann and N.T. Wright

5 comments:

  1. that is some sister you have there...wow.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's something all right. In honour of her awesomeness, I'm going to update my page by linking to her brand new blog. Expect those hits to start flooding in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this obsequious flattery is making me sick of fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sick of fantasy...sycophancy. It took me just under an hour, but I get it! Bring on the Irish Times cryptic crossword.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. I'd never have got it. Asking the questions is a lot easier than answering them.

    ReplyDelete