Monday, January 18, 2010

A Recording Artist

Technically, technically, I am a recording artist. I may record the music myself in an attic resembling the aftermath of a bull in a musical equipment shop, but there is recording done nevertheless. My credentials as an artist are much more tenuous, but I have sculpted one original song from start to finish, which you can read about/listen to/poke fun at here.

For those aching for more, the following is something I recorded during the summer, with the gracious help of a rising star in the Galway Christian music scene as well as former holder of the prestigious 'Oranmore Young Person of the Year' title.

The words form Psalm 23 will be familiar to most, the tune perhaps less so. There are various things I would do differently given the benefit of hindsight -- I'd sing in tune, for starters -- but overall I'm more than happy with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment