Friday, August 15, 2008

The Ring of Ends

The following is the slideshow presentation that our O-team produced after our 2 weeks in Ringsend. There are a few jokes you may or may not get, but even so it's still a decent video, with one of my all time favourite songs in the background.

Between you and me, it was hands down the best slideshow on display at our debrief in Rathdrum. But to put that bold statement into perspective, Team Wexford (whom, for the record, I love very, very much) lumped every last photo they took into one folder, clicked 'play as slideshow', and then opened up Windows Media Player and ran some random tunes from there.

In Keith's own words,

"It was the worst presentation I've ever been a part of, and quite frankly I'm embarrassed to stand here and have you guys watch it."

And what's more, if the photo ratio's are to be believed, then apparently Team Wexford spent most of their time in a local playground. 'Maybe they were evangelising to street kids' you might say. Well, I think this photo and others like it prove otherwise.

Team Wexford know I love them though (see above statement), and that this is just the jealous rant of a man who's still bitter about the fact that they got to sleep in king-sized beds while he slept on top of three strategically placed cushions, all the while trying to fend off advances from his roommate Ryan, who just wouldn't take no for an answer! As Cindy Hylton might say, I was living 'missionar...'. Actually you know what - maybe it's best if I don't repeat that little faux pas.

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud while reading your description of our slideshow. It was the most gawdaweful thing. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night screaming in a cold sweat. I'm running from a swingset and a slide that are trying to put the devil back into me. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't THAT ba...yeah OK it was. Maybe I just had high expectations. I thought the meeting of the comedy stylings of LJ Johnson, Jurgen Mack and Keith would produce magic in slideshow form. But I forgot about the laziness factor. One should NEVER forget about the laziness factor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laziness...and the fact that I don't think anyone was told we were supposed to do one. It's starts in the leadership. *cough* Keith *cough*

    ReplyDelete